The Building Standards and Licensing branch are pleased to deliver the workshop ‘Understanding the Objective Based
Code’ in webinar format.
This workshop has been formatted in video and available as an on-demand virtual workshop to enhance accessibility for
continuing education with building standards. This virtual workshop will be available for viewing from July 9th, 2020 till
October 9th, 2020.
The intent of this workshop is to provide code users and industry the fundamental concepts for the objective based
codes. In turn, providing a better understanding of application, limitations and alternative solutions to the National
Building Code of Canada (NBC) specific to Saskatchewan.
The following topics will be covered, which include working examples for application of:
- Provincial legislation,
- Objective Statements,
- Functional Statements,
- Intent Statements, and
- Alternative Solutions
This webinar will provide 4 credit hours towards mandatory training hour requirements for building official license
renewal and 4 credit hours towards professional development for others. Upon completion of all eight chapters including
the short survey, a certificate will be emailed to the address provided with the registration.
Who should take this webinar?
- Building Officials,
- Code Consultants, and
- Construction industry
Below are the links to gain access to each chapter of the webinar. Please register as required to gain access to this
presentation from the Building Standards and Licensing branch.
- Chapter 1 (20 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1994035113859420174
- Chapter 2 (20 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3976707466414020622
- Chapter 3 (30 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6565262402919657231
- Chapter 4 & 5 (11 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4528500675348345359
- Chapter 6 (20 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/273820584901700879
- Chapter 7 (17 min.) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7331137122851729679
- Chapter 8 (10 min. + Survey) – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2630800780411661327
Promoting construction of safe, healthy, habitable buildings
Building Standards and Licensing Branch
Saskatchewan Ministry of Government Relations
1430 – 1855 Victoria Avenue Regina,
Saskatchewan S4P 3T2